Sunday, February 6, 2011

I'm in freakin' trouble

I have this thing for paper.  I love paper.  All kinds, colors, textures.  I love looking at it, touching it, buying it and then bringing it home to look at it and touch it again.

I really got into scrapbooking.  I have done half a dozen scrapbooks in the past 7 years.  I spend a lot of time on each one, making each page look perfect.  One day I will post some pages from my little guy's scrapbook that I'm not even close to completing, even though he's 17 months old.

So here's where the trouble comes in.  Turns out, fabric is similar to paper.  The texture and colors have me sucked right in and since I now know how to sew, I am obsessed with fabrics.  I went to the fabric store this weekend, and spent waaaayyyyy too much money.  Here are some of the fabrics I bought:

I love the bright orange and aqua in these fabrics.  Those colors go great together!


PINK!!  I can't wait to use these.  I am making some quilts for a few little girls so I know I will use them up.


I bought these as extras, but I have a feeling I'm going to be building a room around the black, lime and grey dotted one.


I've also spent the last couple of days scouring Etsy for fun fabrics. I came across these cotton chenille ones that I love, so I bought a yard of each.



This fabric is Bicycles by Michael Miller.  I love the greys and blues.  I would like to one day design a room with these colors, and maybe even go with a vintage bicycle theme.

 
I clicked "buy" as soon as I saw this fabric!  I adore it!  I am seriously considering building my little guys room around this fabric for his "big boy" room.  I could totally do something with this, and keep the same wall colors that we have now.


This is probably the most practical fabric I bought this weekend.  I know I'll have no problem using up all of these.


I ordered this one for a specific project that I am working on. I hope it gets here soon, because I'm really anxious to get started on it!


Well, I'd better get sewing, I guess!



3 comments:

  1. Get sewing woman! Keep your eye out on Etsy for some cool linen/french themed fabric. I need to make placemats for my new kitchen table!

    ReplyDelete
  2. French Linen - nice! I'll let you know what I find!

    ReplyDelete