Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Natalie's New Room

My girlfriend is moving to a new house, and needed help with her daughters room.  Since I love decorating, I said I'd help.  Here is what I came up with. 


So, this needs some explaining, obviously.  The walls will be dove grey (the color I chose for the background), and the main fabric will be the floral.  It goes so nicely with the grey.  The crib skirt will be off-white, with a dark purple and pewter velvet trim.  The purple dot could be used to make a patchwork type quilt with the off white, another grey stripe fabric and the floral.  Good thing my girlfriend is handy with the sewing machine!

She has a white dresser already, so I suggested dressing it up with pewter handles. 

I added some dark purple and aqua throw pillows for her little girl to use when playing in the floor, reading, etc.  The accessories I chose are white and have a distressed shabby chic feel.  There should always be some black in the room to anchor the eye, so I chose ornate black frames that could be hung 3 in a row with art prints in them. 

It's hard to visualize what the room will look like when it's on a board like this, and it makes me want to fly down to see her and help her put it all together!  I can't wait to see the finished product!

2 comments: