Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Progress!

Life with a toddler is pretty hectic.  Especially when you work full time, and your husband works nights.  So, getting to any big projects around the house takes discipline.  I have to force myself to get to work, when all I really just want to sit on the couch and watch my PVR'd episodes of Gossip Girl. 

One night I was texting with my girlfriend and she asked me what I was doing (it was about 9pm).  I had just put my little guy down to bed for the night, it was Friday - and I don't know why but even though my little guy gets up at the same time no matter what day it is - I felt like I should stay up late doing something fun.  I decided on a whim to get to painting the bathroom.  It's been 2 1/2 weeks, and I've still only completed 2 coats on 3 walls.  But in my life, that's major progress!  Here is the before I posted several weeks ago:





And here it is after 1 coat of paint - taken with my Blackberry camera so please excuse the less than stellar quality:



I absolutely freaking adore the black doors.  I was going to do a big reveal once we painted the walls in the hallways, but I can't wait.  The house really has a different feel with black doors.  It's so much more dramatic and moody - exactly the feel we were going for.  Here's a picture of all the doors in the hallway.  We are adding antique looking glass knobs to them.  I can't wait until they are complete!



I have to be honest and say I'm not sure when the rest of the bathroom will be complete.  We are in the process of cleaning out our garage and basement in order to get ready for a garage sale, and then there is the small problem with removing the mirror from the wall in the bathroom and buying/mounting a new one.  I'm thinking of something like this:


I think it will look great in that bathroom.  Hopefully I can get it complete before the end of summer!


...Fancy

No comments:

Post a Comment