Saturday, April 9, 2011

Some "before" photos

We bought a can of paint for Asher's bathroom ages ago and lost it.  It was in our dungeon somewhere. I went down there to start getting organized for the garage sale we are having this Spring, and there it was!!  So, tomorrow I'm going to be prepping and taping and hopefully start painting on Monday if my husband will be nice enough to do the cutting in for me. I'm so excited!

Here is the bathroom with the ugly beige paint (the same paint that was throughout the entire house before I took a paint brush to it):


Here's what I'm doing with it:

Paint is Ralph Lauren "Approaching Storm". This sample below is not Ralph Lauren - I could not find a sample of it online.  So this is as close as I could find - Farrow and Ball "Pelt".  It's basically a really dark smokey purple.


The shower curtain and rings are from Restoration Hardware.  The shower curtain has an aqua blue  stitch (to match the accent colors in Asher's room), and the glass knobs on the rings match the knobs on his dresser.




I just received these prints in the mail that I ordered from Bibitty on Etsy.  I ordered the A, B, and C in French in pastel:


I put them in frames like this one from Michaels.  I was going to spray paint them high gloss white, but I actually like the silver.  We'll see how it looks against the paint, and then I'll decide for sure.  I will stagger the 3 frames with the A B C prints in them above the toilet.



That's all I have so far.  Hopefully (fingers crossed!) I'll have more to show you this week!!






...Fancy

No comments:

Post a Comment