Thursday, January 6, 2011

My Fancy little New Years Eve Soiree

Since we have a toddler, and NYE is so overrated anyway, we decided to have my parents and sister and brother in law over for a little partay this year.  I got to make a bunch of fancy little appetizers and drinks, and we just hung out and listened to music and talked.  At midnight we popped a bottle of Veuve Cliquot (which I missed because I was rocking my little munchkin back to sleep) to ring in the new year.  It was awesome! 

Here are some pictures of the stuff I made.  Recipes will be posted on http://www.ilovetastylittlethings.blogspot.com/ if you are interested.

Seared Sea Scallops with mashed peas and ricotta on toasted baguette:


Charcuterie platter with mixed olives, Genoa salami, proscuitto, Black forest ham, Hot capicolla, Champfleury cheese, Cambazola cheese, and grainy dijon mustard.  Fresh baguettes were available for spreading the gooey cheese on.


Baked Italian meatballs with spicy Tomato Basil sauce. (OK I totally cheated on this one. I bought the sauce and the meatballs, but I made them fancy with the toothpicks, no?)


Stuffed Corsican Onions with Spicy Tomato Basil sauce:


Pear and Celery Bisque (I did not like this recipe at all for many reasons)


And finally, Hypnotiq, Cointreau and White Pear Martinis

No comments:

Post a Comment