Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Ella's Big Girl Room

A friend asked me to help her redecorate her little girls room.  Of course, I was so excited to help and couldn't wait to get started.  Turns out, my friend is quite particular with her fabric, which works out quite well for me because fabric is probably the hardest part of decorating.  There are just TOO MANY OPTIONS!  And they are ALL gorgeous!  So, she chose the fabric.  ::whew:: 

After that, I put a bunch of other stuff together for her.  Here is what I came up with:



That background color on both boards is Sour Apple by Benjamin Moore.  That is the color of Ella's walls right now.  It's so pretty!  Her furniture is a dark wood, and my friend wanted to do a bird theme with purples.  I love the fabrics she chose.  They are all by Joel Dewberry - his Aviary 2 collection in Lilac.

OK here is the rest of what I chose, in list form:

Board 1
- white cut out lanterns from Pottery Barn Teen
- white bird bowl is hand made from Etsy
- the recycled paper bird mobile is hand made from Etsy
- the purple glass knobs that will go on the dresser are from Anthropologie
- the purple glass tie backs that will be used for the curtains are from Urban Barn
- the purple area rug is from Ikea

Board 2
- purple and crystal table lamp is from Pottery Barn Teen
- white "Shabby Chic" memory board is from Creative Memories (a scrapbook company - this board is magnetic and has little clips to you can post your newest favourite pictures/keepsakes)
- white bird cage is from Etsy
- "Shabby Chic" shelf with hooks is hand made from Etsy
- white wire organizers/baskets are from Pottery Barn Teen
- the "Fly Away" growth chart is from The Green Coconut
- the bird mirror is from Pottery Barn Teen (on sale for $65!)
- the black and white bird pillows for her armchair are from Fawn and Forest
- the white pom pom throw is from Pottery Barn Teen
- the purple bird pillow is from Dwell Studio
- the easel is from Ikea (not that one in the picture, but they have good ones there for $20)

Now, let's talk about the fabric.  When I spoke to my girlfriend about what she would choose for the window treatments, she decided this one would be best:



This is Joel Dewberry's Lodge Lattice in Lilac.  I think these finials would look great with it (from Urban Outfitters):



I also think the Lodge Lattice would be perfect for the bedskirt.  Now, for the bedding...

I always like to choose solid color sheets, but that's just my personal preference.  In this situation, because the bedding is so busy I would definitely go with a solid white, aqua, or something similar to the green on the walls or a shade just a bit darker (but not much!).  Now, for the comforter I would choose this main fabric.


This is Sparrow in Plum.  Possibly with the Lodge Lattice or the Bloom in Lilac (below) as the trim.




Well, I hope Ella likes her new room!



...Fancy

2 comments: